every once in awhile. I have a thought. And well... being the declared fruit rather than a girl, that I am... I find it only appropriate to blog a few of those thoughts under the alias of a semi-obscure piece of fruit that of course, has become one of my ever-growing collection of nicknames.

5.1.06

Coaxing, Death Chunks of Ice, and Metal Sticks

okay shitty title. let me enjoy.

so after exiting work today... all of my coworkers and myself decided to go out snowboarding together. After I piece by piece lost every last one of these coworkers I was out by myself for a run or so. Upon my arrival at the top of the lift shortly after however I ran into Krash and a friend from ski school that he was teaching to snowboard. For no particular reason the following conversation sprung from nowhere.

Krash : so you riding rails yet?
me (surprised at the notion that i was supposed to be trying this in the first place): uhh no, no can't say that's been in the mix.
K: well why not?
me (still semi-dumbfounded in the notion that i'd just be sliding around on these evil metal bars) : *shrug* scared maybe?
K: okay everyone we're going to the park.

Long story short, after a lot of coaxing and me trying to explain to him that he was on crack if he thought I was actually going to put myself throught the pain of learning this (metal hurts when it connects with your shins, I've learned this the hard way in the past)... I came, I slid, I landed, and in my own rough style, I conquered.

Now not that anyone besides me really cares about this, but it has made my day, possibly the rest of my week. I haven't accomplished anything new, actually i've never landed anything remotely tricky at all this season or most of last season.... so I'm beyond psyched about this feat. However, I did notice something else. Part of the reason I enjoy my time with Krash, both on and off hill is that he makes me feel extremely good about a lot of things that in most cases I'd be the only person that cared about. Riding my first rail, scoring free Poweraid on a regular basis, having the hotel over-night hook-up, first tracks on Wagner. It's a part of me that doesn't need noticed frequently but him and I seem to be in a position to be excited by similiar little things. We're extremely different people in about a thousand and two ways. But hanging around with Krash has never been less than good humored goofing off, snowboarding, and random fun... with the occasional visit of the Sci-Fi channel.

not that this description was necessary either, but I've been wondering for awhile why I spend the amount of time I do in Krash's prescence and tonight I pinned it. He makes me feel good about the accomplishments no one but me would care about otherwise. I get the most sincere praise I could imagine from a second party about the shit that would be dumb and insignificant to the bulk of the population and it's well if nothing else... it's refreshing.

Rambles and all,
Keely

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home