every once in awhile. I have a thought. And well... being the declared fruit rather than a girl, that I am... I find it only appropriate to blog a few of those thoughts under the alias of a semi-obscure piece of fruit that of course, has become one of my ever-growing collection of nicknames.

24.1.06

I Came for Petroleum and I Left with Perspective

After a discussion with, what I believe to be a modern day philosopher, at the gas pump @ Rhodes Mini-Mart the other day, I've been thinking a lot about people. And just the vast difference of our lives. Each of us, and how little I can fathom what it's like to be some people. This leads me to pick out certain characters that stands out in my head for some reasons. People who it hits me every once in awhile just how much they are something that I'm not, or sometimes it's just me realizing and remembering things about people that just strikes me as odd. So beginning now and probably continueing in the future, I'm at a need to share some of these characters with anyone who cares to read on.

Mark Miller - I work with Mark. I would say he's somerwhere in his 50's or so. Mind you, I work at a ski/snowboard rental shop. Now Mark used to be a veteranary techinician. Which I only recently found out when discussing my dogs medical problems. This strikes me as insanely odd. If for no other reason than the fact that he just didn't seem bright enough for the line of work. But I'm starting to learn that Mark may be harboring some mad-crazy brilliance. He does have a bit of a speech impediment (which note, is by no means the reason I thought he was none too bright... I've met several people with severe severe severe speech problems that were obviously too smart for their own good). But I could never imagine this man in a classroom past his senior year in high school and even that envisionment is a stretch.

Moe Miller - Well first of all... I should say that Moe isn't really named Moe. But that's what I've always known him as. I believe his real name is Freeman which would explain why he's generally known as Moe, and Moe-y by myself. (I also have come to notice that I'm bad with one syllable names... i have a necessity with in me for them to be as close to having two syllables as possible and will attempt to verbally edit these names as i see fit). Whilst Mark has only worked at the shop with us for last season and this season Moey has been at around since as long as I have and then far longer I'm sure. Moe, after three and a half seasons of working with the guy, still leaves me baffled. Unlike Mark I'm not sure what, if anything Moe did before he worked at 7 Springs. I'm not even sure if the guy is reasonably intelligent. I know for a fact he's a pervert in a harmless sort of way. Like rearranging the boots so he can watch the stupid girls that decide to make a show out of changing into ski clothes (I've had to ask girls to please put their bra and/or shirt back on before... as well as to "keep the underwear and re-add the pants" before, no lies I swear). And Moe also enjoys calling me HotLips and opening his fleece work vest to act as if he's flashing me. Oh and I nearly forgot, I have a running list of questions that Moe is not to be asked... why? because his answer is just something I didn't need to hear him say. For example "Hey Moe-y, What's up?"
Moe : my pecker *note: this is said in a very quick passed slightly awkward voice*
There's more, but I'll spare anyone that's still reading along with me.

My favorite part of these two characters is that they're brothers. They live together, neither is married. They live in what I've heard is a nice, large house with an in-ground pool. They both pack their lunch, moe-y brings a cooler, Mark usually a paper bag or a plain colored nylon lunch box/bag thing. They always go eat together around 11 or 11:30 in the day. Oh yeah, and they're loaded. I have recently found out that these two have an assload of money. From where I'm not sure, but I believe it's an inheritance of some sort. And from what I see they spend nothing. Other than hearing of this house that they live in, they dress cleanly but just normal average joe clothing. They spend what appears to be absolutely not a dime on soda or snacks at the resort and I've never seen either one of them buy a meal ticket and from what I gather they bring their own lunch every day. I don't know, it just adds to the mystery and ponderance I've been developing involving these two.


And due to my current task of checking snow conditions and my desire to give my hands a break but still publish what I have so far rather than saving it and forgetting about it... this shall be a two part post. Enjoy Part I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home