every once in awhile. I have a thought. And well... being the declared fruit rather than a girl, that I am... I find it only appropriate to blog a few of those thoughts under the alias of a semi-obscure piece of fruit that of course, has become one of my ever-growing collection of nicknames.

23.8.06

Blogging for Lawsuits.

In Britain, a college lecturer contributed to a 'blog in which she referred to a politician (who had also expressed his views in the same 'blog) using various uncomplimentary names, including referring to him as a "Nazi". The politician found out the real name of the lecturer (she wrote under a pseudonym) via the ISP and successfully sued her for £10,000 in damages and £7,200 costs. - from an entry in Wikipedia

I wish I knew the specifics of this incident. On what grounds did he sue her? Slander? Because if so, he's missing probably TONS of publically slanderous offenders. I hate slander laws. I mean the places they should be used, they're not, so what's the point of having them. If it wasn't a slander suit I'm even more curious as to what exactly his claims were. In the end it doesn't affect me, I'm just supremely glad that I don't have a political blog. But there's always people that apparently loose their job for blogging about interactions with co-workers. Which I know, I know, publishing it on the internet is different, but I can TELL anyone I want about events that happened at work verbally in any phrasing I want. I just don't get it. Why is that such a vastly different premise. I can understand endangerment of others if you're using their full names and what-not but beyond that, I don't get it. Ack. Don't feel like thinking about it. I'm probably post something about my birthday at my full fledged site later tonight or early tomorrow. So if you have any interest in the events or the celebration of my birth (20 years ago, as of today), you should look into that. (there's also a small bulk of other blogging going on there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home